Are you wondering if you are pregnant? For every woman, symptoms might be different. The most reliable way is to take a pregnancy test. However, there are early symptoms of pregnancy that may point to the possibility of being pregnant.
For most women, missing periods are the first sign of pregnancy, but if you have an irregular cycle, the physical signs may come first.
Below you can see examples of the most common pregnancy symptoms:
- More frequent need to pee, maybe even at night
- Mild cramping and spotting
- Nausea – which many women experience in a week 6
- A headache
- Back pain
- Constipation and bloated stomach.
- Stomach ache
- Spontaneous need for a food or being disgusted when looking or smelling it.
- Mood swings
- Temperature changes
- High blood pressure
- A more powerful sense of smell
- Dizziness – may be due to low blood pressure or low blood sugar
Other symptoms – you might not find comfortable talking about, but are quite normal during pregnancy:
- Urinary leakage which might smell bad due to the increase of hormones. But if it is more yellowish-green or very viscous or watery, it might be an infection and it is suggested to contact your doctor in this case.
- Air in the stomach, bumps
- Increased salivation
- Bleeding gums
- Darker nipples
- Dark spots on the face, dark streak on the stomach or buds on the upper body
- Varicose veins on legs
All the signs that are mentioned above do not necessarily mean that you are pregnant, but they are more likely to happen during the first weeks of pregnancy.
If you are planning a pregnancy, it could be a good thing to buy ovulation tests, which will help you to find out the best days for conceiving, and pregnancy tests, to test with if your period doesn’t start as expected.
But if you don’t have the patience, and want to find out if you are pregnant or not as soon as possible, we would recommend you to buy early pregnancy tests, which can be used 4-6 days before expected period.